WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Until and unless you choose to share your personal information with us by completing the Contact Us form on our website – or if you contact us directly to request information and/or updates about engineered hardwood flooring or our other products, services and/or promotions offered by us and selected third parties, Forestry Timber Holdings Limited will not collect any personal information (e.g., name, address, phone number, email address, etc.)
We do automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our website, such as the type of browser you are using and the pages you are visiting.
HOW DO WE NORMALLY USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We may occasionally use non-personally identifiable information to analyse site usage (such as aggregated information on the pages visited by our users) which allows us to improve the design and content of our website.
Any personal information we collect will be used only to respond to inquiries or to contact you directly. We will not rent or sell your personal information outside the Company and will share information only with third parties who provide services on our behalf.
Although unlikely, it is possible that we might be required to disclose your personal information in response to legal process or when we are required by law, a court order, or at the request of a law enforcement agency; a legal obligation that applies to everyone.
WHAT IS OUR MARKETING AND OPT-OUT POLICY?
If you have given us your permission, we may send you newsletters or updates via email. We do not disclose, rent, sell, or otherwise make available your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
You can decide whether you wish to continue to receive newsletters or updates. At any time, you are free to choose to opt out of receiving newsletters or updates from us by following the unsubscribe instructions or using the unsubscribe links within the emails we send.
WHAT IS OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY?
We employ strict security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have a right to request access to, request a copy of, and/or request a correction to your personal information and to contact us with any inquiries or complaints regarding same. Subject to our right to rely on any statutory exemptions and/or exceptions to collect, use and disclose your personal information, you have the right at any time to request us to limit the processing and use of your personal information, including for any form of direct marketing.
Last Revised: 10.11.21
- If you are a corporate entity or organisation, references to the term “you” and “your” will also include your employees, representatives, and agents.
- The GDPR requires us to inform you of your rights with respect to your personal data that is being processed or that is to be collected and further processed by us and the purposes for said data processing. The GDPR also requires us to obtain your consent to the processing of your personal data. In light of the GDPR, we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your personal data.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- The term “personal data” means any information in our possession or control that relates directly or indirectly to an individual to the extent that the individual can be identified or are identifiable from that and other information in our possession such as name, email address, etc. The types of personal data collected depend on the purpose of collection. We may process your personal data by way of collecting, recording, holding, storing, using, and/or disclosing it.
- Your personal data may be collected during the course of your dealings with us in any way or manner including any communications made from/with us. We may also collect your personal data from a variety of sources, including – without limitation – any meetings, events, seminars, conferences, road shows, customer satisfaction surveys organised and/or sponsored by us, as well as from publicly available sources.
PURPOSE OF ACQUIRING AND PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- The personal data as provided/furnished by you to us or collected by us from you or through such other sources as may be necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes at the time it was sought or collected, may be processed for the following purposes (collectively referred to as the “Purposes”):
- to assess, process and provide products and services to you;
- to facilitate, process, deal with, administer, manage, and/or maintain your relationship with us;
- to respond to your enquiries or complaints or resolve any issues and disputes which may arise in connection with any dealings with us;
- to facilitate your participation in, and our administration of, any events including meetings, seminars, conferences, talks, road shows, contests, promotions, or campaigns;
- to provide you with information and/or updates on our products, services, events, organised by us and selected third parties which may be of interest to you from time to time by email, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- to send you seasonal greetings and/ or newsletters on occasion;
- to send you invitations to events and promotions, product launch events, and conferences;
- to monitor, review and improve our events and promotions, products, and/or services;
- to process and analyse your personal data either individually or collectively with other individuals;
- to conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analyses, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns and choices, planning and statistical and trend analysis in relation to our products and/or services;
- to share any of your personal data with the auditor for our internal audit and reporting purposes;
- to communicate with you to maintain and improve customer relationships;
- to maintain and update internal record keeping, files, and contact lists;
- to meet any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, or code applicable to us;
- to comply with or as required by any request or direction of any governmental authority; or responding to requests for information from public agencies, ministries, statutory bodies, or other similar authorities;
- to enforce or defend our rights and your rights under, and to comply with, our obligations under the applicable laws, legislation, and regulations;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- for the storage and/or hosting back-up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, and/or
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will not sell, rent, transfer, or disclose any of your personal data to any third party without your consent. However, we may disclose your personal data to the following third parties, for one or more of the above Purposes:
- the Company’s group of companies including the Company’s subsidiaries, related and/or associated companies;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to which has undertaken to keep your personal data confidential which we have engaged to discharge our obligations to you;
- our auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other financial or professional advisers appointed in connection with our business on a strictly confidential basis, appointed by us to provide services to us;
- any party nominated or appointed by us either solely or jointly with other service providers, for purpose of establishing and maintaining a common database where we have a legitimate common interest;
- data centres and/or servers for data storage purposes;
- storage facility and records management service providers;
- our business partners, third party product and/or service providers, suppliers, vendors, distributors, contractors, or agents, on a need-to-know basis, that provide related products and/or services in connection with our business, or discharge or perform one or more of the above Purposes and other purposes required to operate and maintain our business;
- any other person reasonably requiring the same for us to operate and maintain our business or carry out the activities set out in the Purposes or as instructed by you.
- To the extent that the applicable law allows, you have the right to request access to, request a copy of, and/or request to update or correct your personal data held by us. We may charge a small fee to cover the administration costs involved in processing your request to access your personal data. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve our rights to rely on any statutory exemptions and/or exceptions to collect, use and disclose your personal data.
- You have the right at any time to request us to limit the processing and use of your personal data (for example, requesting us to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for marketing purposes).
- In addition, you also have the right, by notice in writing, to inform us of your withdrawal (in full or in part) of consent given previously to us subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions, and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean that we will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with us or the contract that you have with us will have to be terminated.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Any personal data provided to us is retained for as long as the purposes for which the personal data was collected Your personal data is then destroyed or anonymised from our records and systems in accordance with our retention policy in the event your personal data is no longer required for said purposes unless further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet our operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is stored securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, or other similar risks, we endeavour, where practicable, to implement appropriate technical, physical, electronic and procedural security measures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations and industry standard to safeguard against and prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data, and the destruction of, or accidental loss, damage to, alteration of, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to your personal data.
- The Internet is not a secure medium. However, we will put in place various security procedures with regard to our website and your electronic communications with us. All our employees and data processors who have access to – and are associated with – the processing of your personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
- Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmail are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may be routed through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the Internet.
- We cannot and do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or interception or loss of personal data that is beyond our reasonable control.
- We employ an industry-standard technology called cookies. The cookie is a small piece of information stored on the hard drive of your computer or device for record-keeping purposes and is used by us to track your visits to our website. Cookies may be used to save your preferences for your ease and convenience when using our website. Third party advertising networks may issue their separate cookies to your hard drive when serving advertisements.
- The type of anonymous click stream data collected by us through the cookies may include your Internet Protocol address, web browser software, date and time of visit to our website, and whether your requests (including search requests and clicking on links to parts of our website) were met successfully. Information collected through cookies is not considered to be personal data and you cannot be identified from this information. Such information is only used for the purpose of managing and creating a better user experience, analysing the traffic on our website, and to identify areas for improvement on the website.
Personal Data Protection Officer
Email Address: email@example.com
Last updated 15.11.21